GET THE RESULTS YOU EXPECT!
Heavy, long-haul trucks can be difficult vehicles to operate, given their large and imposing size. Because they spend most of the time on long-distance journeys, trucks are more susceptible to internal wear and tear and, as such, require significantly more maintenance than your average vehicle. In addition to overused brakes, engines, and transmissions, trucks are also prone to accidents due to a variety of reasons, like size, speed, and wide blind spots. Add to this the fact that truck drivers are typically over-worked, tired, and not as focused on the road as the average motorist.
If you have been injured as the result of a truck accident, whether it is due to the truck itself, the condition of the roads, or the actions of the truck driver, chances are that others are at fault. At EFS Law Center, we have experienced Los Angeles truck accident lawyers who understand and recognize the need for long haul drivers to deliver goods across the country. However, we also believe that those who suffer as the result of avoidable accidents due to employer negligence or truck driver error, deserve to be compensated. If you or someone you know has been injured as the result of a truck accident, you do not have to face the outcome alone.
Following a truck accident, you are likely to be laid up with significant injuries and mounting medical bills. You may have difficulty getting back to work. These scenarios make it hard to focus on working towards getting the compensation you deserve, whether that involves filing a potential case against the truck driver, the driver’s trucking company, and / or the insurance company. Whatever the case, there is no reason to pursue these options on your own.
Hiring a personal injury lawyer to put together a case means that you can hand all responsibilities over to someone with relevant experience and knowledge, allowing you to focus on your own recovery. It also ensures that you have a greater chance of receiving the maximum amount of compensation to which you are entitled.
Leading causes of truck accidents
To better prepare for your case, you will need to understand exactly what happened—and why. Because of the intricacies and challenges involved with operating large trucks, drivers and the trucking companies that employ them, need to ensure that they make safety a top priority. The slightest misstep in training or communication can result in serious injury or death for the truck driver and other drivers on the road. Truck accidents can occur for a variety of reasons—almost all of which are preventable. Some of the leading causes of truck accidents include:
- Mechanical malfunction: surprisingly, many trucks on the road are not properly maintained, nor are they regularly inspected. Even one overlooked mechanical error before a truck gets onto the road can have catastrophic results.
- Drunk driving: there are many examples of truck drivers who drink and / or abuse drugs while behind the wheel, either as an effort to stay awake or just for fun. Whatever the reason, impaired drivers are putting themselves and others on the road at risk.
- Employer negligence or liability: trucking companies have a responsibility to ensure that their drivers are responsible and well-trained—they are also required to enforce proper operating conditions for all their vehicles.
- Truck driver error and negligence: many truck accidents occur simply because the driver is not operating with regards to public safety. This can include speeding, switching lanes without taking the right precautions, or simply neglecting road signs / restrictions.
- Blind accidents: given the size of most long-haul trucks, there are areas that make it difficult for truck drivers to see, including directly in front, behind, and to the sides of the truck. If the driver fails to properly monitor these blind zones, they are likely to hit other vehicles while turning or changing lanes.
Any of these common causes can create tragic accidents that often result in emergency medical services. Any accident that occurs due to negligence on the part of the trucker or trucking company is unacceptable.
If you have been injured as the result of a truck accident, your case may be resolved simply through standard insurance claim practices. If not, you may benefit from working with a personal injury attorney. In cases where a settlement does not cover the full cost of your expenses—including injury or death—you should reach out to the professional team at EFS Law Center for a free consultation.
Give Us A Call
Fighting For Personal Injury Victims Just Like You
13245 Riverside Dr #501
Sherman Oaks, CA 91423